Cochrane Public Health Europe (CPHE) was establishe in March 2015 to support and disseminate the work of Cochrane Public Health in Europe and beyond.
Cochrane Public Health (CPH) is one of the 53 Review Groups of Cochrane and constitutes a focal point for researchers and stakeholders with an interest in evidence-based public health interventions. It is based at the University of Melbourne, Australia.
Who are we?
The following institutions in the three German-speaking countries Austria, Germany and Switzerland are the core partners of CPHE:
- Cochrane Austria at the Department for Evidence-based Medicine and Evaluation, Danube University, Krems, Austria, Prof. Gerald Gartlehner, Dr. Ursula Griebler, Dr. Christina Kien, Irma Klerings
- Institute for Medical Informatics, Biometry and Epidemiology, Pettenkofer School of Public Health, Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich, Germany, Prof. Eva Rehfuess, Dr. Jan Stratil,
- Health Sciences Bremen comprising Institute for Public Health and Nursing Research, University of Bremen and Leibniz Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology BIPS, Bremen, Germany, Dr. Manuela Bombana, Dr. Karina K. De Santis, Prof. Ansgar Gerhardus, Thomas L. Heise, Dyon Hoekstra, Dr. Stefan K. Lhachimi, Prof. Hajo Zeeb
- Institute for Evidence in Medicine (for Cochrane Germany Foundation), Medical Center - University of Freiburg, Faculty of Medicine, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany; Prof. Jörg Meerpohl, Dr. Lukas Schwingshackl
- Cochrane Switzerland (Center for Primary Care and Public Health (Unisanté), University of Lausanne, Switzerland) and Epidemiology, Biostatistics & Prevention Institute, University of Zurich, Switzerland, Annegret Borchard, Dr. Margot Mütsch, Prof. Milo Puhan, Dr. Erik von Elm
How do we work?
CPHE has a governance committee, with a rotating coordination. As of January 2020, Cochrane Switzerland (Center for Primary Care and Public Health (Unisanté), University of Lausanne (UNIL), Switzerland leads the coordination.
What do we do?
These are the tasks of CPHE:
- Support CPH authors in Europe and encourage potential review authors to engage in a CPH review.
- Provide editor support via the assistant managing editor.
- Assist in the recruitment of CPH editors in Europe.
- Undertake methodological peer-review of CPH reviews conducted in Europe and beyond.
- Engage with national and Europe-based public health institutions, in particular WHO and the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control.
- Disseminate up-to-date public health evidence in appropriate formats.
- Contribute to a formal priorisation process for the CPH.
For more information please contact: CPHE@unisante.ch